Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Twitterature - October 2014



  


Twitterature is one book long this month because apparently that's all I actually read.  I take that back:  I did reread The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith, and I loved it all over again.  

Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry (interlibrary loan, hardback) was a fresh breath of air.  The first half of the book filled me with calm.  I loved Berry's plain poetry. At times, he meandered a bit with Hannah's memories, but mostly, this was a straightforward but beautiful read filled with wisdom and quiet authority.  I wish I had kept a journal nearby (or taken more iPhone photos) for all the times I read a sentence or paragraph and involuntarily put the book down to stare off into space and think.  #recommended #wellreadmom

What have you been reading this month?  Have you read any Wendell Berry? Tell me in the comments.


4 comments:

  1. I've never ever read any Wendell Berry. I forgot I wanted to! Adding this to The List.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of him before reading Modern Mrs Darcy, but then, Hannah Coulter was the first book in the Well Read Mom group I joined. Let me know what you think of it!

      Delete
  2. This sounds interesting! :) I think people were talking about this book last month...or maybe in the comments of one of the literary matchmaking posts...Maybe I'll pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, let me know what you think! (I know I mentioned it in the comments of MMD.) Thanks for commenting! :-)

      Delete