Sunday, October 12, 2014

31 Days of Letting Stuff Go - Day 12




This post is part of a series of posts called 31 Days of Letting Stuff Go and is hosted as a link up at Write 31 Days with Nester of the Nesting Place.  For previous posts, please do visit my landing page.  You can also explore #lettingstuffgo and #write31days on Twitter.  

Today's post is brought to you by my husband.  I have been asking him here and there if he wanted to purge something from the basement, but he hadn't said much.  Today, he volunteered to go seeking the day's finds.

He chose to go through his pottery.




Some pieces are completely finished and others have only gone through the first phase of processing.

He chose his favorites for keeping.




I think he did a good job sifting through his work.  He kept less than half of the pieces.  Interestingly, 3 of the 4 have not been finished.  

He loves his big coffee cup.  I wonder what color it will end up being.

These were in a decent sized box, and we will have to see if we can combine these pieces with something else.  Otherwise, it won't seem like much is different even though he did pare down quite a bit.  

This is what I meant at the beginning of 31 Days about being radical.  Are we being radical enough to  make a difference in our house?

I don't know if I can see that answer yet.  Maybe.

If you are an artist, what is it like keeping art in your house?  Do you keep it all?  Purge as you go?  How do you decide what to keep?






No comments:

Post a Comment