Tuesday, October 14, 2014

31 Days of Letting Stuff Go - Day 14

This post is part of a series of posts called 31 Days of Letting Stuff Go and is hosted as a link up at Write 31 Days with Nester of the Nesting Place.  For previous posts, please do visit my landing page.  You can also explore #lettingstuffgo and #write31days on Twitter.  





I heard my husband making noise downstairs, and I thought he was combing through Legos, perhaps making something for our sons.

Ladies and gentlemen, he was decidedly not going through Legos.

He was going through.....his bottle caps.




How many do you reckon are there?

They filled this gallon Beer Nuts glass and then some.




This picture doesn't do the mug justice.  It is big.  

My husband has been hoping to make something out of the bottle caps.  He has been saving them since before we were married.  We are married ten years this week.  He let go of a lot of bottle caps because he was inspired by me trying to pare down.  He wanted to contribute.

I made sure he didn't feel obliged to part with the caps.  I told him that I knew I'd lamented the caps' constant presence in the past, but that if he really wanted to keep them, it was okay.  I even offered an art project idea.

He seems like he's okay with it though, despite working through the loss of an unrealized project.

Besides, he's got a few caps left still......and there's always more beer.  (wink)


Down to one bag!

Have you parted with a collection lately?  Or part of one?  Tell me about it in the comments.







No comments:

Post a Comment