Monday, October 20, 2014

31 Days of Letting Stuff Go - Day 20 - I Stand Here Ironing

This post is part of a series of posts called 31 Days of Letting Stuff Go and is hosted as a link up at Write 31 Days with Nester of the Nesting Place.  For previous posts, please do visit my landing page.  You can also explore #lettingstuffgo and #write31days on Twitter.  



That was the name of my first major prose piece in high school.  "I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen....I can hear myself reciting the piece right now in my mind.  #speechteam

You might have guessed that we purged this today:



It falls down a lot while trying to set it up, and we don't really use it much.  We are more likely to set up a makeshift ironing board on the dining room table.  I also saw this Pin recently, and would love to get it when I have a top loader again. (Or at least a shorter front loader, but who am I kidding?  I probably won't get a front loading washer again.)

I might try to post our vague whereabouts on Freecycle or something to see if any recyclers want the metal board.  Otherwise, it's going to go out with the trash. We take large loads down to the creepy recycling center in a bad part of town. This doesn't merit a trip by itself.  

Good-bye, wonky ironing board!

Do you iron?  I don't, really.  Just being honest.  Only for formal occasions.




No comments:

Post a Comment